It shall be unlawful to stop, stand or park a vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with law or the directions of a police officer or traffic-control device, in any of the following places:
(1) On or over a sidewalk;
(2) In front of a public or private driveway;
(3) Within an intersection;
(4) Within fifteen (15) feet of a fire hydrant;
(5) On or over any portion of a crosswalk;
(6) Within twenty (20) feet of a crosswalk at an intersection;
(7) Within thirty (30) feet upon the approach to any flashing beacon, stop sign or traffic-control signal located at the side of a roadway;
(8) On a traffic island in the middle of a street, or in any place in the middle of a divided highway;
(9) Within fifty (50) feet of the nearest rail of a railroad crossing;
(10) Within twenty (20) feet of the driveway entrance to any fire station;
(11) Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when stopping, standing, or parking would obstruct traffic; and
(12) In a bike lane.
The provisions of this Chapter prohibiting the standing or parking of a vehicle shall apply at all times, or at those times herein specified, or as indicated on official signs, except when it is necessary to stop a vehicle to avoid conflict with other traffic rules and regulations or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or official traffic-control device.